Make inhouse SEA teams more successful
How can my SEA team focus on high value projects?
Ask your SEA team the following question: “How much will your three most important projects add to our top and/or bottom line?”
Usually, you will not receive a straightforward answer nor a number. This single number per project, however, is not only necessary to prioritize you own ressources, but also to successfully align for shared IT & product develoment ressources
Why is value orientation difficult?
SEA managers are busy people
SEA managers are mostly busy with two activities:
- Managing & monitoring the accounts/ campaigns
- Coordinating initiatives within marketing or with other departments (mostly product, IT, and business intelligence)
While none of the two activities are wrong, they do not directly add value to your SEA performance. Put differently, your SEA team is too busy getting stuff done.
Why should you quantify business value?
Leadership should focus on business value
Once our customers start to quantify value and complexity for each SEA project, we see a major change in how ressources are allocated. The biggest changes are:
1. Increase in acceptance for you priorization, as you do no longer soley rely on your expert opinion
2. Discussion on value and complexity will not only create common knowledge in your SEA teams, but also increase value orientation
Quantifying business impact and how machine learning comes into play
Map your SEA projects according to business value
The beauty of google ads is, that the google ecosystem provides highly structured data, which is easily assessible via their Ads and Analytics API.
Unfortunately, we do not see SEA teams using this data as they lack coding as well as statistical capabilities.
In addition, there is large number of SAASsolutions in the market, either aimed at bidding optimization and/or automating your campaign mgmt.
All these solutions are geared towards operational improvement, rather then quantifiying business impact. This is exactly, where we see our solution ValueMap coms into play. It allows you to quantifiy commercial impacts by running simiulations on each SEA Core Process.
In addition, we do not require IT ressources nor will we ask you to commit to certain software or technical stack for running you SEA operations.
Isn’t Google already using Artificial intelligence for my accounts?
The short answer is “Yes”. Our philosophy is to use the power of google as much as you can. On the other hand, you also need to be able to challenge the google optimization. Is this really the best you can get? Therefore, teams which run a hybrid approach (both Google and their own intelligent set-up) will be most successful.
Benefit & Learn from Google
- Google is using machine learning in their smart bidding algorithms.
- Google is using machine learning in RSA (Responsive Search adds), creating new combinations for adcopies
- Google is using machine learning, in their adcopy rotation or any other creative test
- Google is using machine learning in their audience design, e.g. who is “in market”, similar audiences, and so on
- Many more..
Challenge Google with processes&experiments
- We believe that smart bidding, which is essentially a black box, should be challenged by our own bidding algorithms
- Try RSA, but challenge it by your own data-drive adcopy tests and pattern detection.
- Challenge the google adcopy rotation, but looking at the KPIs, e.g. Revenue per Impression, which matter to you
- Use proprietary date from you data warehouse or Ecommerce shop to build new audiences.
- Many more..
We are already data-driven in SEA. Are you really sure?
Take in expert views on this journey
Once you stop learning, you start falling behind. Even in mature disciplines as in SEA, it is important not to be satisfied with the status quo, but to constantly challenge the status quo.
Make sure you have the right skill set
What makes your SEA Ttam succeed? The answer is easy as it applies to data science project in general: “The right mix of business know-how, statistical know-how, and coding know-how”.
Our approach originates from years of line experience, working with integrated teams online marketing managers, marketing tech experts, and data scientist.
We code with leading data science languages. We give you access via user-friendly app with great visualization
You have no data or are reluctant to use your company’s data? No problem. We provide representative demo data to get you started
We can facilitate meaningful discussions between Business, IT and Data Scientists, as we know the corresponding challenges
Quantification of commercial impact as well as process automation are a key success factors to bring SEA Teams and Management together.
Latest news on Marketing Analytics and SEA
Explore our recent posts on Peope Analytics topics
Schülerpraktikum Predict42 – Machine Learning in der 9. Klasse?
Jeder redet über AI, aber was ist das? Nun, ich habe beschlossen ein Praktikum bei einem AI Startup zu machen… hier erzähle ich Euch was ich herausgefunden habe!
AI in Retail – Customer Feedback on Dutch DIY stores
Download our whitepaper analyzing thousands of online reviews of 6 Dutch DIY store brands: Hubo, Bauhaus, Karwei, Hornbach, Praxis and Gamma.
AI in Retail – Customer Feedback on Austrian DIY stores
Download our whitepaper analyzing thousands of online reviews of 6 Austrian DIY store brands: Zgonc, Lagerhaus, Hagebau, Hornbach, Obi, and Bauhaus.
We promise we don’t send spam